BB Blog — macmillan
Posted by Emilienne Rebel on
Macmillan Cancer Support off the following advice to those having chemotherapy. Bold Beanies are soft cotton stretchy thin breathable cancer sleep caps, perfect for wearing night or day to protect your hair and help with the distressing effects of hair loss.
It is important to look after your hair during and after cancer treatment:
- Wash your hair at least every two days.
- Use gentle hair products and non-medicated shampoo.
- If you are having radiotherapy, ask your radiotherapy team if you can use shampoo and which type is best.
- Only use conditioner on the middle and ends of your hair.
- When drying your hair with a towel, don’t rub hard.
- Use a brush with wide-spaced prongs or a wide-toothed comb.
Wear a soft cap at night.