This list of celebrities who survived cancer is ranked by fame and popularity. Several famous actors, actresses, musicians, and athletes have battled cancer and survived. One famous comedian even documented his treatment for a television special.
1. Hugh Jackman is one of many celebrities who have had cancer. Jackman underwent two surgeries to remove skin cancer from his nose and the X-Men actor thinks that he will need many more. He says, "I'm realistic about the future and it's more than likely that I'll have at least one more but probably many more, which is not uncommon for an Aussie particularly from English stock growing up in Australia where I don't remember ever being told to put sunscreen on."
2. "Soak Up the Sun" singer Sheryl Crow is a breast cancer survivor.
3. Robert De Niro is a prostate cancer survivor.
4. Olivia Newton-John was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992. She underwent treatment and is now an advocate for cancer research. Unfortunately, in 2017, Newton-John's cancer returned.
5. Kathy Bates is a two-time cancer survivor. She beat ovarian cancer in 2003 and breast cancer in 2012.
6. Rod Stewart is a survivor of thyroid cancer.
7. "Dexter" actor Michael C. Hall is a survivor of Hodgkin's lymphoma.
8. Sharon Osbourne documented her 2002 struggle with colon cancer on her MTV reality show "The Osbournes."
9. Lance Armstrong is a survivor of testicular cancer. He said, "To continue believing in yourself, believing in the doctors, believing in the treatment, believing in whatever I chose to believe in, that was the most important thing, I decided. It had to be."
10. Jane Fonda is a breast cancer survivor. She wrote on her blog: "We got it early and it was, as I said, non-invasive. I want to thank my friends and fans who have written beautiful letters. It has meant a lot to me."
In January 2018, Fonda revealed she had had a cancerous tumour removed from her lip as well.
See the complete list on www.Ranker.com
Share this post