A great interview by Lorriane with singer John Newman this morning about living with a brain tumour and raising awareness for Brain Cancer and asking us all join in with the 'Wear a Hat campaign' tomorrow #BrainTumourAwarenessMonth
I encourage everyone to listen to his humble encouraging and inspiring words, I was really impressed, especially as everyone can relate to his words at some point in their lives.
"A smooth sea never created a skilled sailor"
I've listed the signs of Brain Tumours in adults below and you can find out on the signs of brain tumours in babies, children and teens and about being HeadSmart here:
John Newman has topped the charts many times, but the singer reveals that despite his success, the pressure to produce hit songs made him fall out of love with music. His wife has been a driving force for him, encouraging him to enjoy the music and release the 'bangers' like his new single Feelings. He's also living with a brain tumour and is fronting the Wear A Hat Campaign to raise awareness of the symptoms of brain tumours.
Watch the entire interview with John on ITV's Lorraine show here:
The signs and symptoms of a brain tumour vary greatly and depend on the brain tumour's size, location and rate of growth.
General signs and symptoms caused by brain tumours may include:
- New onset or change in pattern of headaches
- Headaches that gradually become more frequent and more severe
- Unexplained nausea or vomiting
- Vision problems, such as blurred vision, double vision or loss of peripheral vision
- Gradual loss of sensation or movement in an arm or a leg
- Difficulty with balance
- Speech difficulties
- Confusion in everyday matters
- Personality or behaviour changes
- Seizures, especially in someone who doesn't have a history of seizures
- Hearing problems
#lorraine #johnnewman #braincancer #braintumour #cancer #wearahat #boldbeanies #hairloss #headsmart #thebraintumourcharity #itv
Share this post